Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

5400R zl2 - Aruba Central Config

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  5400R zl2 - Aruba Central Config

Posted Sep 11, 2021 10:53 AM
    Hi Guys. 

Not sure if I am missing something here, but can a 5400R zl2 be configured via Aruba Central ?  Not making use of templates, but rather the gui.

I am on the recommended firmware, however, I am unable to do Interface configs ect.

The ports does not add up to what is on the switch ?

Attached are the screenshots of the ports available for  config vs the display  ?

------------------------------
    Jaco Janse van Rensburg

• 2.  RE: 5400R zl2 - Aruba Central Config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2021 07:34 PM
    Aruba 5400Rs can only be managed using templates. Here you can check the AOS-S switches that are supported.
    https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.3/documentation/online_help/content/switches/supported-platforms/supported_switches.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: 5400R zl2 - Aruba Central Config

Posted Sep 13, 2021 04:06 AM
    Thanx for the feedback.

I have 2x 5400R zl2 and the rest are 2930F Switches.  and I would like to use the GUI instead of templates.

Now my next question is, 
    • Do I configure the 5400R switches using templates and leave the 2930F switches on GUI ?    Or do I now configure all sites using Templates ?
    • Will it work like that

Thanx

Jaco Janse van Rensburg

• 4.  RE: 5400R zl2 - Aruba Central Config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2021 05:36 AM
    so you need to put the 2x 5406Rs in one template group and the 2930Fs in a different group.
    The group for 2930Fs can either be template based or GUI based.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.