Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

We receive duplicate entries in SNMP server when AP in cluster goes down

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  We receive duplicate entries in SNMP server when AP in cluster goes down

Posted Jul 30, 2021 11:27 AM
    Hi Team,

We have a monitoring tool configured and SNMP config done on the controller. It is an MM and MD with cluster setup so AP forms AAC and SAAC. When the AP goes down, We receive duplicate entries in the SNMP server i.e AP down message triggered by both MDs as AP is forming AAC [Active] and SAAC [standby] with the 2 md in cluster. If 100 AP goes down then we will get 200 tickets. 

Can anyone help on how to reduce/overcome duplicate entry from SAAC.

Thank you in advance!!!!

• 2.  RE: We receive duplicate entries in SNMP server when AP in cluster goes down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2021 06:19 AM
    Unfortunately, that is the way it was designed.  The AP maintains a tunnel to its primary and backup controllers in a cluster, and they both report when they lose connectivity to that AP.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: We receive duplicate entries in SNMP server when AP in cluster goes down

Posted Aug 09, 2021 03:07 PM
    Hi Cjoseph,

Thank you.

Can we have snmp trap for ap down enabled on MM instead of MD so that one trap request will be sent to monitoring tool.

Thank you in advance!!!

Original Message:
    Sent: Aug 04, 2021 06:18 AM
    Subject: We receive duplicate entries in SNMP server when AP in cluster goes down

Unfortunately, that is the way it was designed.  The AP maintains a tunnel to its primary and backup controllers in a cluster, and they both report when they lose connectivity to that AP.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.