Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Recommend Version

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Recommend Version

Posted Apr 13, 2021 07:57 PM
    Hi, 

I can see the recommended upgrade version through aruba central but can't find recommended upgrade version on aruba software and documents page (Aruba Support Portal). Any guidelines where I can find the recommended upgrade version compatible with switch and AP models? Like juniper has one Junos Software Versions - Suggested Releases to Consider and Evaluate - Juniper Networks

In other words, how do I know which version do I need to jump on to upgrade the aruba devices? Of course, aruba central help but what about if I don't have aruba central subscription, how do I find it in short time instead of going on software and documents page, look for release notes for each version etc...

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Recommend Version

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2021 08:15 PM
    If you go into ASP, select a product and search for software, there will be "Standard" and "Conservative" Release type.
    The "Standard" release has the latest feature sets.
    "Conservative" releases are for customers who prioritize stability over new features.
    Before a release becomes conservative, it must be deployed for a certain amount of time.
    Go with the "latest" Conservative version, if you are not sure about the software version to choose.

------------------------------
    Kapildev Erampu
    PreSales Consultant
    Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company
    Sydney, Australia.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Recommend Version

Posted Apr 13, 2021 09:50 PM
    Thanks, Kapildev.