Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) January 2021

This thread has been viewed 62 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) January 2021

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 13, 2021 04:07 PM
      |   view attached

The new 10th updated edition of ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide is available since January 2021, 11st 2021 on the Aruba Support Portal (ASP) downloads (filtered by Document file type) page (please use search the string "Transceiver Guide" and sort by "Release Date: New to Old").

As reference: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) - PDF

Document Part Number: 5200-3362i
    Published: January 2021
    Edition: 10

------------------------------
    Davide Poletto

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) January 2021

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 15, 2021 02:08 AM
    missing a changelog section to known what change between release ;)

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) January 2021

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 15, 2021 02:29 AM
    Hi Alexis! I agree with you. Consider that..that's what I've been saying for quite some time...each edition should report a detailed and useful change history (personally, I'm pretty tired to waste time to try to discover what exactly changed between editions).

Above a sample of differences between 9th and 10th edition... it happens that sometime differences were pretty much minimal (text formatting, slided pages, minor typos or few sentences added...and so on) and time spent on discovering what really changed in a new edition (especially on a document with an high number of pages) could be easily wasted. Sometime instead differences are really important and the effort is worth the time spent.

Davide Poletto

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) January 2021

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 15, 2021 05:53 AM

Hi Alexis and Davide: 
    Edition 10 summary of changes:  I know this is not as specific as you'd like, but doing a DIFF between Editions would be a massive amount of changes as Davide's post above shows on just 1 page. 

Here's a log of changes since Edition 2: 

• Edition 10, published January 11, 2021: reflects support added for CX 10.06.0001. Introduction of the 8360 and 6100 series information;
      Read Chapter 1: Overview for much more technology/switch capability topics; expanded information for breakout cables (both DAC and AOC); expanded information about Split Ports (with the 8360 added); Lots of minor corrections/clarifications on topics; added more information about HPE Server/Storage DAC and AOC breakout cables support on 83xx series.
    • Edition 9, published Sep 8, 2020: reflects added XCVR products for CX 10.05.0001.  Overview chapter added sections for Split Ports; Split DAC cables and Split Optical cables (100G SR4 & 40G SR4/eSR4 xcvrs); Unsupported Transceiver feature for CX (1G and 10G only). 100G: support for certain 100G QSFP28 ports to split into 4x25G; New support for 1m & 5m 100G DACs, along with HPE Server 100G to 4x25G 3m split DAC. 40G: support for certain 40G QSFP+ port to split into 4x10G links; added AOC and Split AOC cables.
    • Edition 8, published May 2020: Added missing chapters for 50G DAC (cables used by the 6300 M&F series for VSF connections); 100G AOC (Active Optical Cables); Corrected information for Min SW supporting 40G ER4L long reach optic, 100G LR4 & ER4L long reach optics (in this Edition 8 version, there are no switches listed against the 100G ER4L optic -- see upcoming Edition 9 for that info); Added information for recently introduced 8400X 25G Module along with 6200 CX Series. Expanded list of Aruba Switches supporting 10G HPE Compute DAC cables.
    • Edition 7, published March 2020 Adds information about 25G products (Xcvrs, DACs and AOCs) along with 40G AOCs Now lists supported transceivers and DACs for the Aruba 6300 and 6400 CX switch series. Adds information about HPE Server DACs that have been tested against the 8325 and 8320 Top of Rack designed switches.
    • Edition 6, published January 2019 introduces the new name of the guide, recognizing that it covers the ArubaOS-Switch products as well as the new ArubaOS-CX switch series. Earlier versions of the guide without a reference to AOS-CX only addressed AOS-S switches. The Jan 2019 Edition 6 added information regarding the use of transceiver and DACs on recently introduced 802.3bt 2930M models (60W models), and a few clarifications on other items.
    • Edition 5, published Sept 2018 adds support information (Min SW required) for the 40G ER4 and 10GBASE-T Xcvrs (available at this time only for the 8400 & 8320 series - see Edition 7 for support on newer CX switch families)  
    • Edition 4, published March 2018 added initial information regarding the 40G ER4 and 10GBASE-T xcvrs 
    • Edition 3, published Jan 2018 added support information for the Jan 2018 introduced 2930F 740W series of switches. 
    • Edition 2, published Dec 2017 added support information for the 8320 Core/Aggregation switch (1G, 10G, 40G) and includes 100G Xcvrs supported on the 8400 Core/Aggregation switch and references to the Dec 2017 introduced 100M, 1G and 10G Revision D Transceiver products. (earlier versions of the Transceiver Guides only referenced ArubaOS-Switch;  This version adds references to ArubaOS-CX for the Core/Aggregation series) 

Ed Kurata, Aruba Sr. Product Line Manager,
    Switching , Transceivers, Accessories, Power, and other things
    Roseville CA, USA

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) January 2021

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 15, 2021 07:58 AM
    Ed you're a Top one.

Davide Poletto

• 6.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) January 2021

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 15, 2021 12:12 PM
    Thanks.  Alexis and Davide: 
    I think i'll include a quick summary (like I did above), and include it as the last page in the guide. 
    Do you think it's OK if in Edition 11, i only start from Edition 9 and Edition 10 changes ? 

Ed Kurata, Aruba Sr. Product Line Manager,
    Switching , Transceivers, Accessories, Power, and other things
    Roseville CA, USA

• 7.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) January 2021

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 15, 2021 01:00 PM
    Hi! IMO it's a very very good idea.

Considering that past editions are not so easy to find as it happens with, example, the HPE QuickSpecs (about which one can look for and pick up a specific edition and download it also after years from its first publication...but don't consider my "mad collector" bad habits as reference because I'm not like the average user Ja Ja Ja) it makes sense to just include latest two or three editions' changes and not all the past editions' history. Then on the long run history of changes will grow and consolidate, as usual.

It's a +1 for me Ed!

Davide Poletto

• 8.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (10th Edition) January 2021

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 17, 2021 08:18 AM
    Thanks Ed for changelog and add on next release :) (and ok for start from Edition 9 !)

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281