Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 100 times
  • 1.  3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

Posted Jul 10, 2022 08:57 AM

Running the 3810 in mesh-cluster with OS: KB.16.11.0005

and a vsf cluster with OS-CX: FL.10.10.0002 only one LACP interface is working.

In the 3810 cluster it states: ST1-CMDR: port 1/A2 is Blocked by LACP

When added/enabled as second interface. In the 6300 cluster it states:

• 4,warning,lacpd,"Event|1310|LOG_WARN|CDTR|1|Partner is out of sync for interface 1/1/52 LAG sport: 2.
    • Actor state: ALFOX, partner state PSFO"

The 6330 shows

sh lacp aggregates lag1

• Aggregate name : lag1
    • Interfaces : 2/1/52 5/1/52
    • Heartbeat rate : Slow
    • Hash : l4-src-dst
    • Aggregate mode : Active

The 3810 shows:

sh lacp

LACP      Trunk     Port                LACP      Admin   Oper

Port    Enabled   Group     Status    Partner   Status    Key     Key

-----   -------   -------   -------   -------   -------   ------  ------

• 1/A2 Active    Trk2      Blocked   No        Failure   0       963
    • 2/A2 Active    Trk2      Up        Yes       Success   0       963

No other indicators is to be found to this !.

Anyone; please ?

• 2.  RE: 3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 10, 2022 02:49 PM
    What the configuration ?

------------------------------
    PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: 3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

Posted Jul 10, 2022 02:56 PM

Thanks' for answering; I do understand the question;

However it will be to tidies to disclose the whole config into the public domain.

Any tips?, how to investigate the messages: port 1/A2 is Blocked by LACP..

I see this behavior when adding a HP server with window server2022, and MS Teaming software.

and a CX Lag. If/When adding more than one ports, the second get blocked in the 6300 vsf-stack,

Making it likely to be a problem in the 6300M (CX) rather than the 3810 StackI

• 4.  RE: 3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 10, 2022 03:06 PM
    That's false.
    The portions of the running configuration you should share with the community to help the community troubleshoot your issue don't disclose really nothing (and if you're really worried of any potential leakage of private details you should just anonymize the MAC addresses and any Serial Number that would show up, that's enough...but for the purposes of the inter-link troubleshooting...there should not be any SNs, only MAC addresses and only when you post the full output of some specifc commands). It's up to you to tell or to show (portions).

• 5.  RE: 3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

Posted Jul 10, 2022 03:14 PM

Well, that is a philosophical consideration we can take later,

any social engineering is undesired,

however, tips, into investigating, is easily chartable and desired at this point

• 6.  RE: 3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

Posted Jul 11, 2022 03:40 AM
    Hi there

I cannot really see a connection to any social engineering possibility with a piece of LAG configuration between any 2 switches in your network. The most useful information is already disclosed (e.g. software used).

However, what is popping into my eye is the following:
    Your ports you assigned to LAG1 are: 2/1/52 5/1/52. But your log messages shows an error with interface 1/1/52.

So maybe this error message is not related to the output you posted.

Regards,
    Thomas

• 7.  RE: 3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 11, 2022 06:31 AM
    You're the one asking for help.

Being the one asking for help, after posting what's wrong and copying and pasting fragments of information, you should then start to draw the larger picture...a larger picture generally includes "how I configured my devices?" (indeed how can the community to answer the question: "At first, is there a configuration/connection issue?" if there isn't a bare minimum visibility about running configurations and a basic network topology? that's especially true useful when you have multiple devices involved as in the case of two clusters, an ArubaOS-CX VSF on one side and a backplane stack on the other).

I'm under the impression you're asking more for a brief lesson about "how to generically troubleshoot things like that" (if I see this particular warning/error, what I've to check then?) other than asking for an help to troubleshoot step-by-step the issue you're reporting (an approach that, at some point, will potentially expose what you have/haven't done and which implies a sort of implicit training too in seeking for the error/culprit).

If you care, you should start to provide full outputs of some specific "show" LAG/Interface/Spanning Tree related commands and/or of some specific portions of your running configurations (again, related to LAG, Interfaces or Spanning Tree, as example) - both anonymized if/when necessary - the sort of things you should have already done at first because they are the very initial steps of any troubleshooting activity and such approach has absolutely nothing to do with undesired "social engineering" or anything else you can insist to speak of just to avoid some consistent text copy & paste extra effort.

Nothing personal but my standpoint is that if I am in a position where I'm asking for help (because I'm unable to be autonomous to help myself with my very own knowledge only) I should then behave in a way that is "of help" for the rescue team I've called to help me... because I'm calling that rescue team to help me fixing a situation...at least this is the desired outcome...and so it's the rescue team that will guide me and I should give at least a minimum level of trust to that team (here team is generically the community of experts)

It's a very reasonable posture, nothing too philosophical, as you can see.

If you're more scared/worried about sharing specific bits of information than taking the necessary steps to solve your issue, then you don't have one issue but you have two problems, at least.

And also we can't always be the ones that are hunting for inconsistencies in what is reported to describe the issue, see the 1/1/52 versus the interfaces listed as member ports of lag1 (just to start with...).

• 8.  RE: 3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

Posted Jul 11, 2022 06:50 AM

The question needed to be answered is the
    two "inconsistent" error messages at the two sides:

3810:
    • port 1/A2 is Blocked by LACP
    6300M
    • Partner is out of sync for interface 1/1/52 LAG sport: 2

Actor state: ALFOX, partner state PSFO"

Specially the : ALFOX and PSFO, state ?

• 9.  RE: 3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

Posted Jul 12, 2022 05:57 AM
    Sorry about the "typo", 1/1/52 is the only one working and forming a LACP for itself
    this shows the current config and direct cli output.

6300M:
    sh lldp neighbor-info
    2/1/52 ::::: 1/A2 Switch 3810
    5/1/52 ::::: 2/A3 Switch 3810
    1/1/52 ::::: 2/A2 Switch 3810

3810:
    sh lldp info remote-device

1/A2 - 2/1/52 2/1/52 Switch 6300
    2/A2 - 1/1/52 Trk1 l.. Switch 6300
    2/A3 - 5/1/52 5/1/52 Switch 6300

6300M
    sh lacp aggregates
    Aggregate name : lag1
    Interfaces : 2/1/52 5/1/52 1/1/52
    Heartbeat rate : Slow
    Hash : l4-src-dst
    Aggregate mode : Active

sh lacp | include Trk2
    1/A2 Active Trk2 Blocked No Failure
    2/A2 Active Trk2 Up Yes Success
    2/A3 Active Trk2 Blocked No Failure

• 10.  RE: 3810 & 6300 is not forming LACP. (one interface only)

Posted Jul 12, 2022 07:58 AM
    Steinar,

based on your output I still think that there is something wrong with either your config or your cabling (to be aggregated interfaces belong to different aggregates on the other side).

So, again, if you request any help from the community, please provide the relevant config which at least is:
    - interface config on both sides
    - trunk (lag) config on both sides (all of them)

Do not edit any output other than replacing identifying parts (hostnames, IPs) by generic ones.
    Additionally, please provide some running state info, like:
    - show lacp interface / show trunk
    - show int brief / show int status

Why does your output of "sh lldp info remote-device" state "Trk1" in it? What is Trk1? Did you mess it up with Trk2?

Regards,
    Thomas