Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

7210 Controller traffic analysis has no data

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  7210 Controller traffic analysis has no data

Posted Nov 22, 2022 08:17 AM
    My 7210 Controller traffic analysis has no data. I have another set of Controllers that do show data and I have compared the settings and see no difference. What am I missing?

• 2.  RE: 7210 Controller traffic analysis has no data

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2022 08:56 AM
    Do you have an RF-Protect (RFP) license on your controller?
    Do you have firewall visibility enabled on your controllers?
    Does client traffic flow through the controller?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: 7210 Controller traffic analysis has no data

Posted Nov 23, 2022 02:09 PM
    Yes, to all three questions. I show traffic analysis in AirWave (Applications, Destination, # of clients)​

• 4.  RE: 7210 Controller traffic analysis has no data

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2022 04:42 AM
    In that case, reach out to TAC if you want this to be investigated. If you are not on the latest firmware version, you may consider performing an upgrade first to avoid the situation that it is a known issue and fixed in the latest patch release.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: 7210 Controller traffic analysis has no data
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2022 08:37 AM
    The fix that was applied and it resolved the issue (even though it took a couple of hours before I saw it), was to uncheck Firewall visibility and dpi, saved it - then checked them both and saved it again. It is working as it should.