Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AIRWAVE 8.2.15.1 import EKAHAU backup problem

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  AIRWAVE 8.2.15.1 import EKAHAU backup problem

Posted May 17, 2023 01:45 PM

Hi,
    I try to import the file in subject into my Airwave and everything goes well.
    I have the big problem that no walls match and any walls is present into the map but mapped like "unknown" type in Airwave.
    I have the lastest version of Ekahau 11.2.0.404.

Any one try the same with similar version or have a similar problem?

Thanks
    Regards

Giulio

• 2.  RE: AIRWAVE 8.2.15.1 import EKAHAU backup problem

MVP GURU
    Posted May 18, 2023 07:20 AM

Yea I ran into this before also. What I did was changed the dB loss of the walls to match the dB loss in airwave. If there isn't a matching dB loss number its treated as unknown in my adventures with this lol. I don't think the integration included importing the wall types. Just the locations of the walls and matching against what's available on airwave. I will convert all of my walls in Ekahau to drywall before importing.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022-2023
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: AIRWAVE 8.2.15.1 import EKAHAU backup problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2023 12:45 PM

Generally, VisualRf doesnt need Interior walls as Path loss is calculated by default with AP-AP neighbor data. Exterior walls is highly recommended for a floor plan. Interior walls are good for viewing of heatmap distribution.

W.r.t to the question/issues - While import, VisualRf check the wall attenuation to match the import. Couple of ways - Set he walls in Ekahau with same attenuation as supported in AirWave visualRF. Other option is to create new Wall or edit attenuation of existing walls to match Ekahau plans under VisualRF > Setup page > Wall attenuation settings. 

Regards
    Gowri Amujuri