Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave reports - search filter not working

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Airwave reports - search filter not working

Posted May 24, 2023 08:46 AM

I'm trying to get an overview of the number of clients connected within a specific time period. However, if a client gets an initial role on the controller before they properly authenticate this is appearing as a separate client within the overall list. I want to exclude any client device with an initial role from the report. How can this be done using a client search filter? Simply entering the name of the initial role does not work e.g. logon and the report generated contains 'no data found'. When I remove the filter the report generates as normal - but I believe this to produce misleading statistics. 

Ideally I want to list multiple roles within this box - how can this be done? i.e. comma separated? 

• 2.  RE: Airwave reports - search filter not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2023 09:15 AM

The client search filter is for Clients MAC Address and not role.
    The better option is to generate a client session report and select 'session data by role' option in the report to get report of clients with different role.
    or Client Inventory report for 'Last Aruba role summary' or 'Last Auth type summary' depending on your use cases.

------------------------------
    Regards
    Gowri Amujuri
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Airwave reports - search filter not working

Posted May 24, 2023 10:23 AM

Hi Gowri, 

Session data isn't that useful in this scenario as I am trying to determine how many devices are connecting in a given time frame. Session data provides multiple entries for the same device. I just need a single figure of connected clients - the 'clients' report works for what I am looking for but I need it without the initial sessions as it adds an additional entry, whereas, I only care about authenticated clients. I could edit the report after it is generated to exclude these entries but I'd rather avoid this. 

I've just run a 'last Aruba role summary' and I don't really understand what information that is giving me?