Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ARUBA 1930, is it possible to connect a non poe device safely on POE interface?

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  ARUBA 1930, is it possible to connect a non poe device safely on POE interface?

Posted Jun 24, 2022 11:38 AM
    Hi,

i would like to know if it's possible to connect a non poe device (standard interface RJ45 from my laptop for exemple)  to the POE interface of my aruba 1930?
    Thank you.

• 2.  RE: ARUBA 1930, is it possible to connect a non poe device safely on POE interface?
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 26, 2022 05:39 AM
    Yes, it is. What is worrying you about?

• 3.  RE: ARUBA 1930, is it possible to connect a non poe device safely on POE interface?

Posted Jun 30, 2022 04:12 AM
    i just would like to knpow the mechanism that's make it safe. :)

• 4.  RE: ARUBA 1930, is it possible to connect a non poe device safely on POE interface?

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 01, 2022 12:00 PM
    Since the Aruba 1930 adheres to IEEE Standards and since the IEEE standard PoE behavior requires that the Switch first checks if there is a PoE capable devices attached to the physical interface, once the switch successfully identified a PoE capable device (which is a PD Powered Device, I add) it supplies power as required by the recognized PD. That's the mechanism that made it safe for non-PD device to be connected to a PoE capable Switch adhering to IEEE Standards.

• 5.  RE: ARUBA 1930, is it possible to connect a non poe device safely on POE interface?

Posted Jul 04, 2022 05:01 AM
    Ok, thanks you for this precise answer.