Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 515 outside mount

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Aruba 515 outside mount

Posted Feb 27, 2023 09:58 AM

Hi 

we are in the planning stages of swapping out our Unifi solution with an Aruba solution.  i have a question about the suitability of a 515 location.  the current device is a Unifi AC pro that is in a small wooden shed that is not completely weather proof , the slats have gaps in them.  could i put a 515 in this location or would i need to use an external access point.

Many thanks 

• 2.  RE: Aruba 515 outside mount

Posted Feb 27, 2023 10:52 AM

Hi

not sure what answer you expect from the community ... however, have a look at the specs:

Environmental specifications
    Operating conditions
    -
    Temperature: 0C to +50C/+32F to +122F
    -
    Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
    -
    AP is plenum rated for use in air-handling spaces
    -
    ETS 300 019 class 3.2 environments

As long as you meet the environmental conditions stated above (excerpt of the datasheet), you may place it there. However, if this place is very humid or even wet, you expose a lot of money to the weather conditions. I personally would be careful with indoor APs in "outdoor" places. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards, 

Thomas

• 3.  RE: Aruba 515 outside mount

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2023 04:51 PM

see if AP-565s suits your env.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/products/wireless/access-points/outdoor-ruggedized-access-points/560-series/

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------