Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP-504 and 7200 controllers

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP-504 and 7200 controllers

Posted May 19, 2022 11:23 AM
    Can I deploy ap 504 with 7200 controller as stand alone.

Thanks
    Karim

------------------------------
    Karim Fatimi

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP-504 and 7200 controllers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 20, 2022 10:11 AM
    The 7200 controller series does support the AP-504. Check the AP datasheet for the minimum firmware version required on your controller.

If your question is if the AP-504 can be deployed standalone, without a controller... yes that is possible as well as it is a 'Unified AP' which can run in Instant mode without a controller.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP-504 and 7200 controllers

Posted May 23, 2022 11:08 AM
    Thanks Herman,

My configuration will be 2 x 7200 controllers in 2 different datacenter, one in the east coast and the other in the west coast. Remote APs will be getting their config via VPN tunnel.  Could you please point me to any upgrade 7200 documentation and configuration examples.

Thanks
    Karim

Karim Fatimi

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP-504 and 7200 controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 09:06 AM
    I would really recommend taking training or hiring someone who has been trained. Upgrading and changing configuration is a big risk if you don't know what you are doing.

If you are trained or feel comfortable doing this yourself, using the Validated Solution Guides may get you started.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.