Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba APIN0318 setup

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Aruba APIN0318 setup

Posted Aug 19, 2022 03:07 PM
    Hello,

I have a couple of APIN0318 APs, and I am not sure how to go about and setting it up for wireless access. Most of the documentation I read is all about how to install the hardware outside and other safety topics, but nothing about configuring it. The AP has a solid red light (out-of-the-box) and no reset hole.

I can log into the web portal, create a network with SSID, but it is not broadcasting.

Do these APs need a physical controller?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Aruba APIN0318 setup

Posted Aug 20, 2022 05:15 AM
    Just a silly question. Did you connect external antenas?

Best, Gorazd

• 3.  RE: Aruba APIN0318 setup

Posted Aug 22, 2022 02:51 AM
    HI Gorazd,
    looking at the datasheet it's an indoor AP requiring external antennas.
    Try Googling     aruba ap 318 datasheet

AS a rule, Aruba APs ending in an ODD number have built in antennas and those ending in an EVEN number require external antennas.

Regards,
     Ewan.

• 4.  RE: Aruba APIN0318 setup

Posted Aug 22, 2022 03:25 AM
    Hi Evan.

I know. 318 need to have at least 4 antennas connected to work. It's hardened AP with external antennas. Hence my question if antennas are connected. 
    We usually use it in swimming pools, freezers and where is a harsh indoor environment.

Best, Gorazd

• 5.  RE: Aruba APIN0318 setup

Posted Aug 22, 2022 03:32 AM

Hi Alex.

Reset button is hidden behind transparent cover. You will find USB console port and LED light under this cover too. But if you are able to connect to AP Web GUI, then AP is working as expected. 

You can use USB Console cable that was shipped with AP to connect to the console. USB drivers are available from ASP portal.

Best, Gorazd

• 6.  RE: Aruba APIN0318 setup

Posted Aug 22, 2022 03:44 AM

Hi Gorazd,

you will need to attach the antennas yourself.

ARUBA 318 SERIES SPECIFICATIONS

5 GHz 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO (1,733 Mbps max rate) Four RP-SMA connectors for external antenna operation

2.4 GHz 802.11n 2x2 MIMO (300 Mbps max rate) radios Two RP-SMA connectors for external antenna operation

Regards,

Ewan.

• 7.  RE: Aruba APIN0318 setup

Posted Aug 22, 2022 03:55 AM
    Hi Evan.

I hope that Alex has external antennas. It's his thread.

Best, Gorazd