Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central on-prem build can a cluster be expanded ?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central on-prem build can a cluster be expanded ?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 22, 2022 09:39 AM
    Hi all,
    Just reading the Central-on-prem installation guide, and it assumes that  you have all the cluster nodes present when you start building the cluster. We have an airwave server hosten on a central read hardware appliance.  The assumption was that after COP was built, and data from the Airewave appliance was migrated onto COP we would then add the  Airwave box as anothe COP node.

Neither the installation guide nor the user guide mentions  increasing/decreasing cluster size ... you must be able to do that in the event a cluster node dies.

Can anyone point me at  an appropriate doc about COP cluster management?

Rgds
    Alex

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central on-prem build can a cluster be expanded ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2022 09:45 AM
    Hi Alex,
    Central on-prem cluster can be increased from 3 nodes to 5 or 7 by adding nodes. It is not possible to add nodes to single Central on-prem as its not a cluster yet.
    If the setup is a 3 node cluster, you can migrate from Airwave and add 2 more nodes to the existing 3 node cluster.
    If thats a single node, take Airwave backup and Central backup from System > Backup page on Airwave, set up 3 node COP cluster and restore Central backup. (AirWave full backup is taken as precautionary measures for any rollback if needed).

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central on-prem build can a cluster be expanded ?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 22, 2022 10:13 AM
    Hi,
    Many thanks for getting back to me

We have 4 COP appliances and a COP ready airwave appliance.

Because we all work remotely kit is will be shipped to my house for configuration and then to an appropriate data centre for installation.

From what you said I need to build a 3 node cluster, migrate airwave and then extend the cluster to being a 5 node one.

Rgds
    Alex

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central on-prem build can a cluster be expanded ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2022 11:39 AM
    Yes. That will work.