Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Site Topology without neigbour devices

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Site Topology without neigbour devices

Posted Jan 05, 2023 11:01 AM

Hi all,

I realize today that  Aruba Central Site Topology tab shows my APs but does not show the switches to which the APs are connected on.
    The APs are Central Managed , the switches are not Central Managed
    but I remember I was able to see the AP-switch topology for example in November 2022.

Is it the same for you?

Thank you for your time

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Site Topology without neigbour devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2023 05:10 PM
    is LLDP enabled on the unmanaged switches?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Site Topology without neigbour devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2023 04:50 AM
    .... and is LLDP enabled on the APs?

Central may leverage the LLDP transmits from the switch if the AP at least receives LLDP. But having LLDP transmit&receive enabled on both AP and switch would be the best as you can see the AP names as well on your switch.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central Site Topology without neigbour devices

Posted Jan 09, 2023 04:00 AM
    Thank you Ariyap, thank you Herman !!

With my browser in Incognito mode, now I can see some connection (without any changes in the configurations)