Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba CX and USB-C Console Drivers

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  Aruba CX and USB-C Console Drivers

Posted Feb 25, 2023 09:33 PM

I have a need to access my Aruba CX 6200/6300 switches via console for OOBM from an Ubuntu server machine.  I have found very little information about drivers for the USB-C console access on CX switches for Linux.

The vendor and device ID information for the USB-C console on CX 6200/6300 is:

03f0:013f HP, Inc HPN Serial Port

Can anyone point me in the right direction for where to obtain the drivers? 

I would also be interested in MacOS drivers as I'm sure it will come in handy in the future.

Thank you. 

• 2.  RE: Aruba CX and USB-C Console Drivers

Posted Feb 26, 2023 05:19 AM

All USB console drivers are available from asp.arubanetworks.com. Just search for USB.

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Expert 2023

• 3.  RE: Aruba CX and USB-C Console Drivers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2023 04:37 PM

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: Aruba CX and USB-C Console Drivers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2023 07:39 AM

On my Ubuntu 22.04 with kernel 5.19, the CX serial port of my 6300F is detected without any issues or additional drivers, and from 'dmesg' I can see it got assigned /dev/ttyACM0.

When I use 'screen' to connect, I have access to the console port:

% sudo screen /dev/ttyACM0 115200
    <enter>
    CX6300F login:

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Aruba CX and USB-C Console Drivers

Posted Feb 28, 2023 09:33 PM

Hi Herman,

Thank you.  I was able to find /dev/ttyACM0 without the installation of additional drivers. 

Worked perfectly with both screen and picocom.

Thank you.