Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant mac-adress + s/n

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant mac-adress + s/n

Posted May 23, 2022 05:27 AM
    Hi!

I'm looking for a way to inventory all my instant aps mac-adresses and serials in one view for a cluster. Either in GUI och CLI.
    Show aps only shows serial and ap-name.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant mac-adress + s/n

Posted Jun 02, 2022 11:03 AM
    Having Issue. I'm looking at a customer request to try using RAPs, I've got the configuration down and I'm happy with the routing to make this work via the internet but I'm confused by the security of the RAPs. Looking at some of the examples people use a MAC approved list setup a device on the internet as an instant and point it to the controller address and it just works? I'm wondering how secure this really is? Do people simply use this as the security or can you use a presaged key instead for better security? I'm thinking about MAC spoofing but without knowing the Aruba side very well I wanted to reach out and check with people to see how they implement this feature? Thanks for taking the time to read!                                                                          TellTims Survey Code

------------------------------
    Michael Lloyd

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant mac-adress + s/n

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2022 08:38 PM
    you can ssh to the VC and then run this command, which lists all the APs in the cluster alone with their MAC-addr/serial number/etc
    "show aps"

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant mac-adress + s/n

Posted Jun 10, 2022 05:36 AM
    hi!

show aps does not display mac-adress when the aps are named.
    As show aps output is only name and serial.