Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS 8 question MC restart when it shouldn't

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS 8 question MC restart when it shouldn't

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 24, 2022 07:24 AM
    Hi,

I have a dev setup consisting of a Mobility Conductor ( 8.10.0) VM running on VmWare Fusion ( latest and greatest macOS)  and a hardware A7205 ( 8.10.0) acting as a MC.

Authentication via  cppm 6.10.4

AP wise, I've a pair of 335's connected to the MD.

In terms of the "managed network"  I have a group defined with 1 MC in it.

I've created a couple of wifi networks

What I've noticed is that if I make a change to the Authentication server at the grouip level ( needed to change the shared key used between  MC and  cppm)  that the MC seems to restart  ( certainly the APs drop off and all the ssids  vanish and the MD thinks the MC has gone down)

That to me seems wrong.  Surely  the MD shouldnt drop off the network  when  make a change at the group level. Cedrtainly haven't seem that before.

Could I have something enabled that causes the  MC to reboot after a change?
    A

------------------------------
    Alex Sharaz

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS 8 question MC restart when it shouldn't

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2022 09:13 AM
    "show version" should tell you the uptime as well as why an MC possibly restarted.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS 8 question MC restart when it shouldn't

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 24, 2022 10:36 AM
    o.k

So at the top level of the Mobility Controller Tree I change the ClearPass server shared key ( again) and added the cppm credentials for a cppm server.

I was logged into the cli of the MD at the time. That stopped and eventually got a broken pipe message. At this point I couldn’t ping the MD and (eventually) the MM said the MDwas down.

Eventually the MD came back and a show version gave me….

(ND7205) *#show version

Aruba Operating System Software.
    ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba7205), Version 8.10.0.0-FIPS LSR
    (c) Copyright 2022 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP.
    Compiled on 2022-04-11 at 00:29:24 PDT (build 83812) by jenkins

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version CPBoot 1.0.6.0-FIPS (build 65677)
    Built: 2018-07-06 04:26:42
    Built by: p4build@re_client_65677

Switch uptime is 6 days 15 hours 16 minutes 4 seconds
    Reboot Cause: Power Cycle (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:0:c)
    Supervisor Card
    Processor (XLP316 Rev B2 (Secure Boot) , 1200 MHz) with 7894M bytes of memory.
    32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
    3840M bytes of Supervisor Card system flash.
    (ND7205) *#

Methinks a TAC case is in order

A

• 4.  RE: Aruba OS 8 question MC restart when it shouldn't

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2022 11:41 AM
    Does changing the device used to log into a controller reset those connections in a FIPS deployment?  TAC would be able to chase that down.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card