View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Can't change DNS server IP address Aruba switch 2530 cli

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Can't change DNS server IP address Aruba switch 2530 cli

Posted Aug 30, 2022 08:35 PM
    Hi there,
    I have a switch 2530 managed in Cloud Central. I tried to change the DNS ip from 10.254.10.10 to 10.254.1.27 in ssh using Putty CLI but it is not working.
    I thought when managed in central I could still use ssh with terminal but maybe I'm wrong.
    These were the command I was using, first I was trying to remove the 1 priority:
    Office SW4(config)# no ip dns server-address priority 1 10.254.1.10
    Invalid input: ip
    QECC SW4# config

Thank you in advance,

• 2.  RE: Can't change DNS server IP address Aruba switch 2530 cli

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 31, 2022 07:23 AM
    You should be configuring the switch though central. You can configure switches through GUI, or template groups.

Switch Guides:

AOS-Switches

AOS-CX

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Can't change DNS server IP address Aruba switch 2530 cli

Posted Sep 16, 2022 04:49 PM
    thank you!

• 4.  RE: Can't change DNS server IP address Aruba switch 2530 cli
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2022 02:10 PM
    Hey there!

Full disclosure that I'm no expert at this stuff, but saw your post and figured I'd reply after having recently gone through the same thing myself. Long story short, I've found that in most cases once you've setup a device to be managed through Aruba Central, you'll want to make all configuration adjustments strictly through that platform. With some of the previous models, not all intricacies of the configuration can be adjusted via Central, but there's a path for the majority.

In any event, back to your CLI question.... If you do want to make a configuration change via CLI, then you'll have to tell the device that you want to override the Aruba Central managed configuration. Connect to your switch via SSH..

SWITCH# config
    SWITCH (config)# aruba-central support-mode enable
    *** Note: a warning/confirmation is usually displayed

The switch will then allow you enter the CLI commands that you'd typically expect. That said, please know that Aruba Central will show a "local override" existing for the device, and it's possible that the configuration that the Aruba Central platform know will eventually overwrite what you've done in CLI in order to have the two back in sync. Ultimately, I'd recommend trying to make a change to the DNS from the Central platform first, and fall back to the CLI option if the first doesn't seen to work for ya.

Good Luck!

• 5.  RE: Can't change DNS server IP address Aruba switch 2530 cli

Posted Sep 16, 2022 04:43 PM
    Thank you for the advice.
    I would definitely try the cli in Central. I'm working remotely so I'm kind of nervous of messing things up and able to be there since it's in production.

• 6.  RE: Can't change DNS server IP address Aruba switch 2530 cli

Posted Sep 16, 2022 04:48 PM
    Thank you!