Wireless Access

 View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Change of Airwave IP address

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Change of Airwave IP address

    Posted 15 days ago

    Hi all,

    I have installed a new 8.3 version of Airwave and taken the opportunity to relocate it to another subnet due to some other network changes occurring.

    I am aware that I need to reallocate the licenses, but I can do that myself using the Aruba Support Portal licensing section.

    However when I log into my Mobility Conductor and go to the root folder > Configuration > System > Airwave, the option to change the IP is greyed out.

    It's the same if I go under Managed Network > [name] > Production > Configuration > System > Airwave for the controllers.

    The only option I appear to have, is to enable/disable the setting.

    I found the same issue being logged previously in this thread: Can not change AirWave IP in in Mobility Controller | Wireless Access (arubanetworks.com) but when I go to the More tab, there is no System config option that I can see.

    Do I need to disable the option, push the configuration and then enable again to 'reset' the link so a new poll will occur for all devices?



  • 2.  RE: Change of Airwave IP address

    EMPLOYEE
    Posted 15 days ago

    first of all be sure that the user has the correct privilege level for such tasks.

    IP Address of Airwave will be changed here - https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AirWave/8303/webhelp/Content/AWUserGuide/Chapter2_Config/Defining_AMP_Network_Sett.htm

    For editing Controller settings you have to disable the radio Button "Connect to AirWave" and deploy changes. After that you are able to setup new AirWave connection.




  • 3.  RE: Change of Airwave IP address

    Posted 15 days ago

    Thanks, I do have the admin login, I just wasn't sure if there was some option I was missing, or it was the disable/deploy/enable process that had to be done.

    I'll give that a go.