Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CLEAR PASS AZURE EAP-PEAP

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  CLEAR PASS AZURE EAP-PEAP

Posted Sep 14, 2022 06:22 AM
    Hi team,

I read some post about CPPM and Azure integration but, sorry, I still have some doubts.

In our deploy we have cluster CPPM against Microsoft ADs doing 802.1x EAP-PEAP for wireless authentication with the native supplicant from OS , but in the future this ADs will desapear and all the accounts will be in Azure.

I read in old post from Cappalli "Legacy authentication methods are not possible with cloud identity providers. EAP-TLS is your only option." so the only option available seems to be onboarding users with their Azure acounts to use EAP-TLS.

Questions:
    - Is still it the only posibility?
    - Onboarding needs aditional licenses?

Thanks in advance.

EF

• 2.  RE: CLEAR PASS AZURE EAP-PEAP
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 14, 2022 07:26 AM
    Hi

Yes, the information is correct. Azure AD doesn't have support for legacy authentication methods like EAP-PEAP.
    In regards of onboarding, I think Cappalli is talking in a wider meaning, like in the meaning give clients access to the network, not ClearPass Onboard that require an extra license.

You can configure any CA to provision the certificates to your clients with Intune and configure ClearPass to trust this secific CA server. This way you will not need ClearPass Onboard licenses.

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACNSP, ACEP
    Aranya AB
    ------------------------------