Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

This thread has been viewed 62 times
  • 1.  ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

Posted Dec 07, 2022 10:45 AM
    Hi

One of my customers have a test environment with C1000 hardware servers and we have successfully upgraded to 6.11.
    Under the Software Updates page we have a message stating:

System Update/Upgrade is not allowed as Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

As ClearPass 6.11 have a requirement of a support contract bound to the license I understand that the license for some reason isn't bound to a support contract. But we have active support contract in the ASP portal.

What is the best way to solve this issue? The servers have Partner Branded Support, if this make any difference.

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACNSP, ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 07, 2022 02:23 PM
    Hi Jonas,

Sound like you have to contact Aruba TAC Support to fix that. I think you PAK license isn't correctly bound to the support contract in the Aruba backend.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2022 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 3.  RE: ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2022 05:59 AM
    There has been a 'known issue' with this, which should be resolved by now for all customers. HPE users may still see this message.

If you still see this message but have an active support contract in the account used to sign up for updates (Administration » Agents and Software Updates » Software Updates ), please reach out to support to get it addressed.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.