Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass tipsLogDb Empty Tables

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Clearpass tipsLogDb Empty Tables

Posted Jun 22, 2022 01:21 PM
    I recently noticed a number of tables in the tipsLogDb database are empty, including the weekly rotated tables. I confirmed Radius Interim Accounting is checked and the Clearpass servers are sending Radius accounting to the Clearpass servers on the controllers. I'm looking specifically at public.tips_radius_accounting_log and public.tips_radius_session_log, both of which are empty along with all the rotated tables. CPPM version 6.10.5.185484 - thanks!

• 2.  RE: Clearpass tipsLogDb Empty Tables

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2022 01:30 AM
    Hi codemode, forgive me but I'm struggling to interpret the question here. Is there a question or are you just informing of empty tables?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass tipsLogDb Empty Tables

Posted Jun 23, 2022 05:18 AM

Apologies – question is why is the data suddenly missing?

I rely on those tables for some appexternal queries and seeing the tables empty is a bit concerning.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass tipsLogDb Empty Tables

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2022 07:42 AM
    That's a good question... I just went to take a poke in mine to see if I get results and I've got data in both tables (about 9 days worth).

I had a quick browse through release notes of 6.10.x and saw nothing in terms of db changes.
    Can also confirm I'm on build 6.10.5.185484.

Is this a cluster or a solo server? You've stated "servers" so I suspect a cluster. You're querying against the publisher?
    Sounds like a good opportunity to talk to TAC.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass tipsLogDb Empty Tables

Posted Jun 23, 2022 07:53 AM

Yes, it's a cluster – publisher and 8 subscribers and I'm querying against the publisher.

I was hoping this was a simple fix, but sounds like I'm going the TAC route.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass tipsLogDb Empty Tables

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2022 08:56 AM
    Hopefully the data is just playing hide and seek momentarily. Are you still seeing 21 columns in the tips_radius_accounting_log table for example?

It's an odd one. Good luck. Sorry I couldn't be greater assistance.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass tipsLogDb Empty Tables

Posted Jun 23, 2022 09:06 AM

Yes – the table structure seems intact just zero rows. All the rotated tables are empty, so whatever caused the data to stop happened a while ago.

I opened a ticket with TAC – thanks for responding just the same!