Security

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Radius Dictionary

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  CPPM Radius Dictionary

Posted May 24, 2022 12:08 PM
    Hi

I am encountering a problem with the purchase of Legrand brand PDUS as I cannot find the radius dictionary for the Legrand or Raritan vendor (the MAC of the device is 00:0d:5d:xx:xx:xx:xx).

Exactly: Model 6 460 13

My attempts to modify the xml have been null, I cannot perform a Whireshark as I am not "close" or capable equipment so I cannot analyze the flow.

Any idea other than logging in with local user?

thanks in advance

------------------------------
    Sanchez Lopez

• 2.  RE: CPPM Radius Dictionary

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 09:34 AM
    Do you have the User/Admin Guide for this product? Check in there if RADIUS/TACACS is supported for login. It starts by enabling RADIUS or TACACS on the device, and the user manual should cover RADIUS / TACACS attributes if supported. You may not need a RADIUS dictionary as many devices will use the standard IETF attributes. You could create a service matching this device's authentication traffic, from there find out the device is sending. You can even do a packet capture on ClearPass with the 'Collect Logs' feature.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: CPPM Radius Dictionary

Posted Jun 08, 2022 05:11 AM

Hi Herman!

You gave me an idea and I tried again today capturing, checking Radius IETF and Legrand/Raritan support.

I found a way by applying an "Enforcement Profile" per role with the attributes:
    Radius IETF > Filter-Id > Raritan:G{Admin}
    Radius IETF > Filter-Id > Raritan:G{Operator}

Thanks for your help.