Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

EAP-TEAP Group Policy

This thread has been viewed 52 times
  • 1.  EAP-TEAP Group Policy

Posted Feb 02, 2023 05:27 AM
    This is more of a Microsoft question I guess but is it possible to deploy TEAP settings via a group policy? I have a 2019 server with all the latest updates and do not see TEAP as an option in the WLAN group policy settings. Doing a Google search for this just brings up a load of outdated results.
    I did find a Cisco article showing a workaround of exporting XML from a configured client but I would rather not do that

------------------------------
    --------------------
    Stewart Smith
    ACMX, ACDX, ACCP, ACSA
    --------------------

• 2.  RE: EAP-TEAP Group Policy

Posted Feb 02, 2023 08:23 AM
    Hi Stewart

The GPO support for TEAP is introduced in Windows Server 2022. I don't know if you need to change the domain forest/level before you can utilize the new function.

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACP-Network Security, ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 3.  RE: EAP-TEAP Group Policy

Posted Feb 02, 2023 01:37 PM
    Thanks Jonas. I will have a look at the 2022 server

--------------------
    Stewart Smith
    ACMX, ACDX, ACCP, ACSA
    --------------------

• 4.  RE: EAP-TEAP Group Policy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2023 03:52 PM

The TEAP tech-note does cover  GPO setup on Windows Server 2022 and the xml export hack for older versions.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00135074en_us

• 5.  RE: EAP-TEAP Group Policy

Posted Nov 30, 2023 04:02 PM

Anyone trying to create an EAP-TEAP supplicant GPO with older versions of Active Directory domain controllers can simply install the GPMC onto an updated Windows 10 workstation, login to the Windows 10 system as a user with domain administrator permissions, and run the GPMC to create the GPO from there.

• 6.  RE: EAP-TEAP Group Policy

Posted Nov 30, 2023 04:07 PM

FYI, running RSAT on a Win10 machine with the latest Win11 ADMX didn't work for me.  TEAP didn't show as an option.  The XML hack worked as did running it from a Windows 2022 server.  If the GPO is there and already has TEAP selected, I can modify the policy from the Win10 station and TEAP shows up.  I just can't create a new TEAP policy from scratch.