Security

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Error when manually checking updates

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Error when manually checking updates

Posted Jan 25, 2023 04:41 PM
    Hello has someone seen anything like this?
    if i do check for updates manually i get this error

But if i leave it to check automatically which it happens everyday at night 
    i dont get any error as you can see

Any idea why this could be happening?

If the credential were invalid the automatic check would fail but it does not.

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Error when manually checking updates

Posted Jan 26, 2023 01:48 AM
    Hello , first you have to go and generate a token : Under Administration -Software Updates

F

• 3.  RE: Error when manually checking updates

Posted Jan 30, 2023 09:41 AM
    I dont have that option, is an old clearpass, i think its a 6.9 but the option is not there.  Just the username and credentials

• 4.  RE: Error when manually checking updates

Posted Jan 30, 2023 10:37 AM
    Hi

If you don't have the the Generate Token button you are either running on pre 6.9 and these old versions are not supported, or 6.9.6 and older.
    The Generate Token button was introduced in 6.9.7, https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/CP_ReleaseNotes_6.x.x/Default.htm#ReleaseNotes/Behaviors/Behaviors-6.9.7.htm?Highlight=token

The error may be due to the fact that you are running an old version and that's why you get the error message. Try to update to a supported version and the latest patch level and see if the problem persists.

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACP-Network Security, ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution
    ------------------------------