Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Network Access Control IAP Mobility Master, not working on iPhones and Androids

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Guest Network Access Control IAP Mobility Master, not working on iPhones and Androids

Posted Sep 18, 2022 07:36 PM

Dear Friends please help,

After we set up A Guest network on IAP (Mobility) and Clearpass server, Seems working now until I applied ACL to the network..

Now it seems Wireless Macbook and Windows devices are connecting to Guest Network, all working fine now. But not iPhones and Androids.....after connected to iPhone or Android phones, the connecting will drop the session after maybe 1 minute. Even though the device was not locked or turned of, it will pops up and ask me to type in credentials again...

So on IAP's Guest network Access Control, I allowed HTTP/HTTPS, DNS & DHCP to DNS servers, Clearpass and IAP master. Any other thing I should allow? 

Also, on this particular network on IAP, I changed Inactivity Timeout to 10000 seconds, still did not change a thing.

Any tips?

Thanks
    ML

------------------------------
    Becoming a Networking Engineer

• 2.  RE: Guest Network Access Control IAP Mobility Master, not working on iPhones and Androids

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2022 07:42 AM
    In order for the client to get an IP address, you will need to allow DHCP to 255.255.255.255 and the subnet broadcast address as well. You did not list that. You may add a 'drop + log' rule to the bottom of your role's access rules and check from the logs what is dropped and may need to be allowed through.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.