Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I know if the AP I am looking for is the right one among the numerous APs??

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  How can I know if the AP I am looking for is the right one among the numerous APs??

Posted Nov 30, 2022 08:55 AM
    I need to set up hundreds of APs.

I'm trying to make the switch a DHCP server and join dozens of APs to the controller through it.

And I will change the settings of the AP in the controller.
    For example AP01, AP02, AP03 ....

How do I find AP01 after that??

The way I can think of is to turn off the power of the AP and find the AP whose LED is off.

Any ideas better than this??

• 2.  RE: How can I know if the AP I am looking for is the right one among the numerous APs??

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2022 04:43 PM
    generally you would name the APs based on their location in a map, that way you can keep track of them.
    you can also change LED on/off a specific APs, using LED operating mode in AP system profile
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_8.9.0_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/access-points/conf-ap-syst-prof.htm

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: How can I know if the AP I am looking for is the right one among the numerous APs??
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2022 09:05 AM
    From the controller you can make the LEDs blink on one or more of your APs:
    (md7005) *#ap-leds
    all                     Control LEDs on all APs
    ap-group                Control LEDs on APs in this group
    ap-name                 Control LEDs on AP with this name
    ip-addr                 Control LEDs on AP at this IP address
    wired-mac               Control LEDs on AP at this MAC address

(md7005) *#ap-leds ap-name
    <ap-name>               Control LEDs on AP with this name

(md7005) *#ap-leds ap-name NLPD-AP325-01
    blink                   Make LEDs blink for identification
    fault-disable           Disable the fault LED if fault is detected. One LED APs
                            only, e.g.,
                            AP-228/AP-27x/AP-318/AP-36x/AP-37x/AP-387/AP-518/AP-56x/
                            AP-57x.
    fault-enable            Enable the fault LED if fault is detected. One LED APs
                            only, e.g.,
                            AP-228/AP-27x/AP-318/AP-36x/AP-37x/AP-387/AP-518/AP-56x/
                            AP-57x.
    normal                  Restore LEDs to their normal behavior

(md7005) *#ap-leds ap-name NLPD-AP325-01 blink
    <cr>
    (md7005) *#ap-leds ap-name NLPD-AP325-01 normal
    <cr>​

As you can see, you can also blink on AP group or by IP or by MAC address.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.