Security

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to add multiple mac-address type Regular Expressions in Static Host List?

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  How to add multiple mac-address type Regular Expressions in Static Host List?

Posted Jan 18, 2023 11:22 AM
    I need to check Multi Mac-address OUI on static Host-list, But when i add mac-address more than 1 mac-address it not work. Anyone please suggestion.

• 2.  RE: How to add multiple mac-address type Regular Expressions in Static Host List?
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 18, 2023 11:33 AM
    If your using a RegEx host type you can only use one expression. You will need to make multiple static host lists for multiple regex types. What are you trying to accomplish. Maybe the static host list is not the only option.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: How to add multiple mac-address type Regular Expressions in Static Host List?

Posted Jan 19, 2023 02:28 AM
    Hi Dustin Burns,

Thank you for answer. I need to check IP-Phone Mac OUI. But no need to create serveral rule condition. Therefore,i need to add multi mac-address OUI to group on static host-list and check it. 

• 4.  RE: How to add multiple mac-address type Regular Expressions in Static Host List?

Posted Jan 19, 2023 02:44 AM
    Hi

I would say that profiling of the devices will be a better solution in the most situations instead of manually manage the MAC OUI static list regex option.
    With the profiling you can create a role mapping or enforcement policy based on the vendor and the device type instead.

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACP-Network Security, ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 5.  RE: How to add multiple mac-address type Regular Expressions in Static Host List?

Posted Jan 19, 2023 03:02 AM
    Thank for answer. Becuase need more security. Therefore i need to add Mac OUI on condition role mapping.

• 6.  RE: How to add multiple mac-address type Regular Expressions in Static Host List?

Posted Jan 19, 2023 03:40 AM
    MAC OUI as a security measure will not add much security as the MAC address can be spoofed.
    With the profiling enabled you will not only look at the MAC address, but instead how the MAC address requests an IP address.
    This way you can distinguish an IP phone and a PC with the spoofed MAC address from the same phone.

Also in ClearPass you can add a rule to block access for a device, and if needed alert correct persons, where ClearPass has detected a profiling conflict.

But another way instead of using the Static host list is to do the regex in the role mapping policy.
    Create a role for your approved IP Phones, assign this role in the role mapping policy

In the enforcement policy use this role as a condition to your other roles and conditions to grant the phones access to the network

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACP-Network Security, ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 7.  RE: How to add multiple mac-address type Regular Expressions in Static Host List?

Posted Jan 19, 2023 04:09 AM
    Oh i got it, Thank a lot for solution.