Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

HP JG539A - config files both corrupted and cant upload image and config

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  HP JG539A - config files both corrupted and cant upload image and config

Posted Jan 16, 2023 03:52 PM
    *This is my first post so maybe i selected the wrong community. In that case i will re-post this on the correct community*

Hello everyone,

I have a HP JG539A switch that two days ago rebooted because of an electrical failure in the building. When it booted back it loaded the extended bootware menu because both config files were corrupted.

I could not restore to factory defaults because of a warning about the password recovery capability. So I tried everything else i could try, but i made a mistake, and i formatted the disk so now i dont have none of the config files or images.

How could I upload the firmware of the switch and a blank config file? Heres is what i tried:

SSH to the switch using Tera term.
    Selected option two (serial submenu)
    Then option 1 (Download Image Program To SDRAM And Run)
    Using tera term i can upload a file to the switch, so now im using a .bin file that i used a time ago to update the firmware of the switch.

How should i proceed? this is the correct way?

The upload is taking some time, so in the meanwhile im creating this post for some help.

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE: The file upload seems to have failed. I went to file control submenu and when i display all files i see nothing.