Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Hpe 1920s office connect switch line telnet remove.

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Hpe 1920s office connect switch line telnet remove.

Posted May 15, 2023 07:37 AM

Hi team,

I have a Hpe 1920s switch with firm virsion PD.02.17
    As per compliance police i need to remove line telnet from the switch config file .
    Although the switch is only accessible on GUI mode and also I am not able to see and telnet related options on it.
    So if any one can guide me how to remove line telnet will greatly helpfull.
    If any other information is required please let me know.

Thanks in advance
    Sanjib.

------------------------------
    Sanjib Behera
    Highradius

• 2.  RE: Hpe 1920s office connect switch line telnet remove.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2023 10:05 AM

I don't think telnet is enabled on that switch, it's Web managed. If you can't telnet to it, and telnet is not enabled, you can't remove it either. Your compliance policy seems to assume that telnet is enabled, which probably is not the case. If telnet is not running, I'd say you are compliant already.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.