Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-VPN ArubaOS8

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  IAP-VPN ArubaOS8

Posted Apr 25, 2023 03:48 AM

Hi!

Is Mobility Conductor required for a setup where 2x 7010 terminate IAP-VPN ipsec from branches ?
    Or is it possible to setup without ?

Another question I have about ArubaOS10, it seems to me that microbranch is the comparable solution. But docs state that only 1 AP per branch is supported here.
    Any one know if more APs per branch is on the roadmap ?

• 2.  RE: IAP-VPN ArubaOS8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2023 09:37 PM

no, you dont need mobility conductor if you want to terminate IAP-VPN on a pair of controllers. you can run the controllers as standalone.

On microbranch question, yes currently one AP is supported and most likely that will increase.
    however today if you need more that one AP at a remote site, then the better option would be to use a SD-branch gateways like 9004/9004-LTE which could then take advantage of all the SD-WAN features and then connect your APs to it at that site. 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: IAP-VPN ArubaOS8

Posted Apr 26, 2023 07:15 AM

Ok, thank you.

So how would sync of licenses and config be handeled ? Manually ? Having trouble finding documentation on similar setup. Any tips on where to find it would be helpfull.

• 4.  RE: IAP-VPN ArubaOS8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2023 08:11 PM

generally you don't need any licenses unless you want to change a default user-role for IAP-VPN.
    in either ways you can add 1x PEFNG lic to the standalone controllers.

here is the old IAP-VPN technote 
    Also remember you can use IAP-VPN with AOS10 VPNCs all done through Aruba Central, this is in addition to AOS10 VPNCs and APs running AOS10  (micro-branch)

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: IAP-VPN ArubaOS8

Posted Apr 28, 2023 04:11 AM

Thanks, just what I needed.

• 6.  RE: IAP-VPN ArubaOS8

Posted May 10, 2023 11:57 AM

Oh you meen I can run ArubaOS10 on VPNC and terminate IAP-VPN (ArubaOS8) on sites with more then 1 AP. Combined with running ArubaOS10 Microbranch on smaller sites ?

• 7.  RE: IAP-VPN ArubaOS8
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2023 06:43 PM

yes that is supported