Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IMC topology for ArubaOS-CX switches and SNMP

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  IMC topology for ArubaOS-CX switches and SNMP

Posted May 16, 2023 08:17 PM

Hi All,
    Have a question regarding IMC topology displaying aggregated links on ArubaOS-CX switches.
    You can see on the below image that IMC correctly displays trunks with a circle on the links on HP 2530 switches and a Comware 5130 IRF switch, except for a connected ArubaOS-CX 6100 (JL679A) down the bottom, which is showing 3 links (the 2 physical interface links and the trunk/lag link).
    IMC is E0708P03 and firmware on the 6100 is 10.11.0001. I have another 6100 switch in which i have upgraded to 10.11.1010 and still the same issue.
    Is there something i am missing in the SNMP config on the 6100 switch?
    Is there any config required for a specific view or MIB, to have the LAG displayed as a line with a circle, like the other aggregated links.
    Regards,
    James

snmp-server vrf default
    snmp-server trap snmp authentication coldstart warmstart vrf default
    snmp-server system-location $MyLocation
    snmp-server system-contact $MyContact
    snmp-server community $MyCommunity
    snmpv3 user $MyUser auth sha auth-pass ciphertext $MyPass priv aes priv-pass ciphertext $MyEncrypt access-level rw
    snmp-server host x.x.x.x inform version v2c community $MyCommunity
    snmp-server host x.x.x.x trap version v2c community $MyCommunity
    snmp-server host x.x.x.x trap version v3 user $MyUser
    snmpv3 context $MyContext vrf default community $MyCommunity

• 2.  RE: IMC topology for ArubaOS-CX switches and SNMP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2023 05:13 AM

Hello,

Have you configured REST API access for IMC to the 6100 as well? With CX a lot of features are working only via API rather than SNMP, so it would be worth testing if this works for you. Just remember to synchronize the devices on both sides of the link and waiting a few minutes after configuring it.

------------------------------
    Justin Guse
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: IMC topology for ArubaOS-CX switches and SNMP

Posted May 17, 2023 10:59 PM

Hi Justin,
    Followed your instructions and configured RESTful API Parameters within IMC as image below, which tests successfully. Can get into REST web interface via https://x.x.x.x/api/v10.04, which just shows a list of commands (get/post/put). I re-synchronised devices on both sides of the link, but still the 6100 is displaying the 2 physical and 1 aggregated link. On Putty, sh https-server stated REST access mode is read-write. Is there anything else i need to look at/ commands i need to put in for the aggregated link to display as a single link with a circle.
    Regards,
    James

• 4.  RE: IMC topology for ArubaOS-CX switches and SNMP
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 13, 2023 12:22 AM

Hi All,

This issue of the LAG displaying 3 lines within IMC was resolved when i upgraded the firmware on the 6100 switch from 10.11.1010 to revision 10.12.0006. See image below.

Regards,

James