Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Importing preconfigured switch

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Importing preconfigured switch

Posted May 31, 2022 04:25 PM
    I have never been able to figure this out and hoping someone can help. I use an Aruba 2930F on my network to manage the VLAN's and route the traffic to my firewall/Router. The switch is all configured and I want to add it to Aruba Central without loosing the config. I am ok with this switch being in it's own group if needed but I want to be able to add it to a group and manage it via Central. Right now it's in Aruba Central in the unprovisioned group. I know that if create a group with the all the same settings, I can't static the VLAN IP's so everything on the switch goes DHCP and breaks things. Tried googling but things don't match up with what I am seeing so I am guessing it's old info. 
    Anyone have any instructions or websites?

------------------------------
    David Glazewski

• 2.  RE: Importing preconfigured switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2022 07:28 PM
    Here is the workflow for it.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/central/latest/content/nms/aos-switch/get-started/prov_tmplt_prcnf.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.