View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Installing in a closed network

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Installing in a closed network

Posted Nov 30, 2022 06:34 AM

Hi

New here and have couple of questions. Planning to install this in a VMWare environment in our technical lab network. Both our Prod (bunch of 8320s) and Lab are not connected to the Internet. Before I get started I just wanted to understand if I can install this in the bastioned lab environment or does the software require online connectivity for registration etc.? if so then I guess there's no point for me to proceed.

Cheers

Timo Krjukoff

• 2.  RE: Installing in a closed network

Posted Nov 30, 2022 08:41 AM
    There is no requirement for Internet connectivity for the simulator.

• 3.  RE: Installing in a closed network

Posted Dec 01, 2022 09:23 AM
    Good morning, my lab environment is GNS3 VM running on ESXI, I was able to install the swich simulator appliance and do the labs without the need for an internet connection. On the other hand I did hybrid projects with Fortigate, Sophos, Windows, Linux, pfsense, kali etc and if I need internet to activate trials and download updates.

• 4.  RE: Installing in a closed network

Posted Dec 01, 2022 09:23 AM
    Good morning, my lab environment is GNS3 VM running on ESXI, I was able to install the swich simulator appliance and do the labs without the need for an internet connection. On the other hand I did hybrid projects with Fortigate, Sophos, Windows, Linux, pfsense, kali etc and if I need internet to activate trials and download updates.