Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

Intune V5 Extension Polling Device Limit Per Sync

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Intune V5 Extension Polling Device Limit Per Sync

MVP
    Posted May 21, 2022 08:23 PM
    Hey all,

I'm just looking for some clarification on the Intune V5 Extension that polls Intune every 30 minutes (by default) and pushes the devices and attributes into the Endpoints Database. I'm wondering if there is a limit to the number of devices processed during each polling period. We have a total of 10,000 devices enrolled in Intune, and when I initially setup this Extension, it pushed about 6200 pretty quickly. We then had some devices with invalid attributes that I worked with TAC to cleanup and the total jumped up to 8400 over the next day. However now it's more of a trickle, We've added just 40 additional devices in the past 24-hours.

I understand this method is supposed to add new devices and only update existing devices if anything changes, but it seems like it's also limiting the number of endpoints it's processing per poll. I'm wondering if this can be adjusted to allow more in a given time or alternatively, I guess I could reduce the polling interval to 15 minutes to in theory get twice as many chances at getting the remaining devices.

Any insight or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    Michael Haring
    ------------------------------