Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh link on DFS channels

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Mesh link on DFS channels

Posted May 27, 2022 12:37 PM

We have a mesh link installed between a pair of Aruba AP-570 series access points.   The link periodically has latency and data loss issues.  Looking at what the access points see as interference I there is nothing using some of the DFS channels, such as channel 52.   I was looking to see what people thought about using one of the DFS channels for a mesh link.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you

Bruce Entwistle

• 2.  RE: Mesh link on DFS channels

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 09:57 AM
    With the mesh link being on the same channel at both ends, you risk that when a DFS event is seen at either end, the link will go down.

For that reason, if you can avoid DFS channels for mesh, I would avoid it. Note that depending on your region / regulatory domain, there may be none/limited non-DFS channels for outdoor use.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------