Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

New APs not appearing on the Virtual Controller/ Joining the Cluster

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  New APs not appearing on the Virtual Controller/ Joining the Cluster

Posted Aug 08, 2022 11:50 PM
    Hi All, 

Come across an issue today while trying to add 5x new AP505s and 4x AP565s to an Existing network where the existing APs are AP 305s. 

I upgraded the firmware of the 305s from 8.3.0 to 8.9.0.3 

The new APs are currently running 8.7.1 I believe.

The Existing APs are Ursa firmware where as the new APs are Gemini Firmware.

The new APs are showing up when you run the command on the CLI 'Show ​swam image-sync' as pending sync but they wont join the virtual controller. 

Would this be because the firmware version is different and I should down grade the existing to 8.7 or is it something to do with the Ursa and Gemini versions? 

Any help would be appreciated as I need to get it working tomorrow

• 2.  RE: New APs not appearing on the Virtual Controller/ Joining the Cluster
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 09, 2022 03:33 AM
    HI Craig,

yiu are on the right lines.
    When you are adding an AP of a NEW family to an existing cluster, I have found that you need to have exactly the same S/W rev running as the existing VC for the first AP of the new type.

After that the new APs can be the same or older F/W.

Cheers,
     Ewan.

• 3.  RE: New APs not appearing on the Virtual Controller/ Joining the Cluster

Posted Aug 11, 2022 10:20 PM
    We are experiencing this issue with our new AP-535 devices trying to be added to our existing cluster that is Also Ap-535's.

The fw are both the same on new and existing....and the issue by Support has been traced to the DRT files not being the same. The cluster has the updated one but the new AP does not and there is no url link to the new DRT file. Support are still working on this as of now and we have 4 AP's we cannot add until this is resolved.

• 4.  RE: New APs not appearing on the Virtual Controller/ Joining the Cluster

Posted Aug 15, 2022 02:15 PM
    Thank you for that 

I got it working now. As you say it needed to be on the same FW version as the existing Cluster. Once I got one of the 505s added to the cluster the rest of them then took the FW ad config from this one.

I will remember that going forward 

• 5.  RE: New APs not appearing on the Virtual Controller/ Joining the Cluster

Posted Aug 16, 2022 03:00 AM

Good news.

Thanks for the update.