Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Rejoining Access Points from AOS 6.5 to AOS 8.7

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  Rejoining Access Points from AOS 6.5 to AOS 8.7

Posted Jul 30, 2022 12:17 PM
    I will install new Aruba 7010 controllers with AOS 8.7 soon. This will replace an AOS 6.5 environment. Once I have installed the new 7010's I want to reprovision the Aruba 305 Access Points that previously were joined on the AOS 6.5 controllers. What is the best way to do this ?

1. Reprovision the AP's from AOS 6.5 by providing the new controller addresses and reload the AP's ?
    2. Configure the new controller address on option 43 of the Access Point scope / Vlan and reload the AP's ? ( not sure if that is enough)
    3. Configure the new controller address on option 43 of the Access Point scope / Vlan and factory default the AP's with the "paperclip procedure" (not sure if it is required)
    4. Something else ... ?

Thanks in advance :-)

• 2.  RE: Rejoining Access Points from AOS 6.5 to AOS 8.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2022 04:31 PM
    #2.  Just make sure that the ap-groups that exist in ArubaOS 6.5 also exist in 8.x​

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Rejoining Access Points from AOS 6.5 to AOS 8.7

Posted Aug 06, 2022 04:04 AM
    Will the 305 AP's need a factory default reset of will reprovisioning from AOS 6 with the AOS 8 controller IP address be enough ?

• 4.  RE: Rejoining Access Points from AOS 6.5 to AOS 8.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2022 05:30 AM
    You do not need to factory default the 305s.  The ip address would be enough.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 5.  RE: Rejoining Access Points from AOS 6.5 to AOS 8.7

Posted Aug 07, 2022 12:28 PM
    We have just migrated today and it went fine. Created the AP group form AOS6 and reprovisioned the APs. Thanks very much for your input ! .

• 6.  RE: Rejoining Access Points from AOS 6.5 to AOS 8.7

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:37 PM
    1.Reprovision the AP's from AOS 6.5 by providing the new controller addresses and reload the AP's.

I have done this before, it works. 
    just make sure ap provisioning to new controller IP (don't provision wrong address, or that will make a big work to do.)