Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 39 times
  • 1.  Rf Zones

Posted Dec 14, 2022 10:48 AM
    Hi,
    i'm new about Aruba AP and Aruba Central.
    I have change a wireless infrastructure from Cisco to Aruba so I'm in search of how to create different RF profile (I need to have channel and power level different in office and production wharehouse).
    Also I have a lot of problem setting a WLAN for VoIp with Ascom i63 phone (Cisco 7925 works great).

Thanks a lot.

• 2.  RE: Rf Zones
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 15, 2022 01:14 AM
    Hi.

To create a RF profile in Central you must go from global to wireless group -> devices -> config -> radios, then scroll down to radio and add rf profile for 2.4GHz and/or for 5GHz. After that you must go to access points tab, edit APs that you want and assign this rf profile in rf zone field.

• 3.  RE: Rf Zones

Posted Dec 15, 2022 03:16 AM
    Hi,
    thanks a lot. My mind is again in Cisco world and I have a new installation of Aruba that I never use (and also that I don't know to do in a very small time).

In AP I see AP one and RF Zone. What about AP Zone ?

There is a way to add AP in bulk or I need to assign RF Zones manually ?
    Also if the AP are in Central there is no way to apply some configuration via CLI ? 

Thanks a lot !!!!

• 4.  RE: Rf Zones

Posted Dec 15, 2022 06:56 AM
    Hi.

What about AP zone, they are used to transmit specific SSIDs, which you already assigned to that zone. For example, when you create SSID, there is a zone section in which you specify zone (for instance "zone1"), then you go to those APs and apply to them the very zone you just created ("zone1"). At the very least you need 2 zones for this to work properly, because if you assign to only one zone, APs will transmit SSIDs not specified to any zone as well.

As far as I know you can assign RF zones only one at a time.

You can also do it via CLI, but regardless using local configuration or through Aruba central, you are limited to configure your cluster only via Virtual Controller. Going into greater details and simplifying you are not able to configure member APs directly and member APs inherit configuration from their Virtual Controller or physical controller.

• 5.  RE: Rf Zones

Posted Dec 15, 2022 09:53 AM
    Thanks a lot.
    All is clear.about RF and AP Zone.

About CLI this is what I expercted but , when I cli the virtual controller and try to commit change I have message :
    "Configuration denied by Aruba Central management" .

I open I ssh session to the IP address of VC and the CLI is on the AP that acts as conductor.
    For sure I'm missing something about this.

Thanks a lot

• 6.  RE: Rf Zones

Posted Dec 15, 2022 10:43 AM
    For that you need to unsubscribe license, config via cli and then assign the license back, which I'm not sure, if Central config will override your cli config or not, but even if not, you will have AP override in Central configuration status, which I'll not recommend.