Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

VSF Aruba CX 6300

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  VSF Aruba CX 6300

Posted Dec 20, 2022 08:01 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I would like to do some configuration in the Switch Simulator environment, before putting it in production.
    Especially, I would like to do some VSF configuration, but this is not possible.
    Is there a reason for only being able to configure VSX, as this is not supported on the 6300 platform.

Regards
    Flemming

• 2.  RE: VSF Aruba CX 6300

Posted Dec 21, 2022 02:56 AM
    Simulator does not support VSF. It is documented in Release Notes and in other relevant documentation.

Only VSX is supported in simulator.

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj

• 3.  RE: VSF Aruba CX 6300

Posted Dec 21, 2022 12:31 PM
    Hi Goradz,

I do understand your answer, but I find the Release Notes a bit confusing.
    In Feature caveats, it says that VSF feature may be configurable in the AOS-CX Simulation environment, but are non-functional.
    I hope that VSF will be possible to configure, maybe in next release.

Regards
    Flemming

• 4.  RE: VSF Aruba CX 6300

Posted Dec 22, 2022 02:57 AM
    Hi Flemming.

As Matt pointed out, simulator is not 100% feature compatible with real HW. As I understand these release notes some features are and will be just a dummies. You can configure them but will never work. You will be able to test the command syntax but you will not be able to test functionalities. Features that require some specific HW interaction, like port status change or similar, my never be implemented as working simulation.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj

• 5.  RE: VSF Aruba CX 6300

Posted Dec 21, 2022 02:08 PM

Hi Flemming

The AOS-CX OVA is a simulation environment and is not designed to be fully feature-compatible with AOS-CX

running on switching hardware in the Aruba 4xxx, 6xxx, or 8xxx series of switches. The following features

may be configurable in the AOS-CX Simulation environment, but are non-functional:

The OVA is a virtual switch and unable to determine the link status of interfaces, so a simulated status is used

Taken from the release notes of OVA Release Notes 10.10.1000

Thanks

Matt