Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wi-Fi Calling and UCC

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Wi-Fi Calling and UCC

Posted Jul 27, 2022 11:25 AM
    I've been doing some testing with WhatsApp which doesn't seem to get categorised in the UCC client tables on the controller and the call does not impact the active call counters during the call. Is there any way around this i.e. create some custom config and apply it to the user role? 

Within the voip-applications-acl it references 'app alg-teams-audio' etc. but there are also separate policies such 'skype4b-acl'. Is everything we need included in the voip-applications-acl and there's no need to add the additional policies to the user roles? 

We recently moved to 8.10.0.2 from 8.7.1.9. Post upgrade we starting receiving reports that Wi-Fi calling had stopped working. We had to apply the voip-applications-acl + wificalling-acl to the user roles in order to rectify this - these were not included before the upgrade and things were working, to our knowledge. 

• 2.  RE: Wi-Fi Calling and UCC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2022 12:38 PM
    UCC is only available for the protocols in the chapters here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_8.10.0_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/voice-video/ucc-appl-aos.htm  You cannot add support or signatures for any more manually at this time.

WhatsApp is not one of the UCC apps listed, so I would not expect support.

The acls and app alg-teams-audio and voip-applications-acl is only a way to add voice application support when you are denying all other traffic.  The alg (application later gateway) that classifies the voice traffic is always functioning, unless you are explicitly blocking the traffic.  You can have to user assigned "allowall" and still have voice calls function and be classified.  I would try to put a user in an "allowall" role and see if you still have problems making voice calls.  They should turn on airplane mode to ensure that cellular is not playing a role.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------