Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

wpa3 connection issues with 8.9.0.x

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  wpa3 connection issues with 8.9.0.x

Posted Jun 24, 2022 09:19 AM
    I deployed some AP 635s to an AP group with 315s and 515s a couple of weeks ago.  I have been using wpa3 psk encryption on these WLANs for almost 2 years without issues.  I needed to upgrade the group from 8.6.0.17 to 8.9.0.2 in order to get the 635s to fire.  Since then I have had several users who can no longer connect via wpa3 to any of the APs.  They key exchange fails.  Tested the same users with wpa2 and it works on the new firmware.  I do not want to revert to wpa2 and the future of this office is more 635s (30 or more) so I cannot roll it back anyway.  Has anyone had a similar issue with key exchange on 8.9.0.x or above?  Support has been gathering logs and reviewing the issue to no avail so far.

• 2.  RE: wpa3 connection issues with 8.9.0.x

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 27, 2022 11:29 AM
    Is your client driver up-to-date?
    Did you enable wpa3 in transition mode (backwards compatible with wpa2)?

If you use wpa3 without transition mode (wpa3-only) and the same clients work before upgrading to 8.9.0.2 i would recommend you to read the release notes for known issues etc. and/or call Aruba Support TAC support for assist you on this.

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2022 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: wpa3 connection issues with 8.9.0.x

Posted Jun 27, 2022 11:38 AM
    This issue was resolved with the latest 8.10.0.2 release. I must not have been alone as it seems to have been a primary reason for the release.