How do we add and activate licenses on the ClearPass Policy Manager (CPPM)?
This article explains the steps to add and activate the licenses on the CPPM server. You need to have the license keys to upload on the server.
Following are the types of licenses that you can add on the CPPM server:
We can see all the added licenses listed under License Summary tab as shown below:
Navigate to Administration> Server Manager> Licensing
The Application tab on the same page shows the list of all application licenses and the activation status as shown below:
Environment : This article applies to all the CPPM servers running OS version 6.x.
- Navigate to Administration> Server Manager> Licensing
- Click on Add License on top right and a pop up will appear to add the license.
3. Enter the license key and click on Add.
4. Once, the license is added, the following messaged appears on the GUI of the CPPM server stating the license is added successfully.
5. At this point if you navigate to the Applications tab, you would notice that license has been added successfully, however, it needs to be activated as shown under the activation status below:
6. Once you click on “Activate”, the following pop up appears:
There are two ways of activating a license on the CPPM server –
- Online Activation – For online activation, the CPPM needs to have internet connectivity so that it can talk to the licensing server and activate the license. Once, we click on “Activate now” under online activation, the license gets activated immediately:
b. Offline Activation -- The instructions under offline activation shown above are self-explanatory. We need to first download the “Activation Request Token” and send it to TAC for appropriate conversion of the token. The downloaded file will have a .acr extension and the converted file sent back by TAC should have a .acrs extension.
Once we have the .acrs file, we can upload the file as shown in step 3 above.