SMS over SMTP in CPPM
This article explains about the difference between using SMS over SMTP and SMS through SMS Gateways.
Environment : This Article is written for CPPM 6.X.X and greater.
How to add a Mobile carrier if our carrier does not exist in the list?
Navigate to " Home » Administration » SMS Services » Mobile Carriers " on Clear Pass Guest and add a Carrier.
Hit on "Create" and the below page will pop up.
We can get more information about the Carriers and their SMTP format from the below URL.
Say we want to add an entry for "China Mobile", we would do it as below.
We can save this and then map this to a SMS gateway which we would create as below.
Navigate to " Home » Administration » SMS Services » Gateways " and Create a new Gateway.
Comparison between SMS over SMTP and SMS through SMS Gateways.
- Slower (generally)
- Guest has to manually select their provider
- Admin needs to keep track of the carriers
- SMS is actually an MMS
- Extra characters are forced into the message due to attempting to include the subject
- Faster (generally)
- Only need to type in the number
- Need to deal with international formats one way or another (Force them, auto add country code, etc.).
- Not free