Access Points

Occasional Contributor I

AP105 gets DHCP but not seen in the controller

We are rolling out our AP105 worldwide. I have one in our Canada office which is connected properly but is not found in the master controller.

The AP was set to default settings. The network admin did a show arp on the switch and sees the device and game me the dhcp address. I am also able to ping it.

Is there any way of finding out what is going on with the device beside using a console cable? Everytime I run into an issue I have to deal with finding a user to plug into a console cable and then seeing if I can get remote access to the PC, and then install putty or teraterm.
Aruba

Re: AP105 gets DHCP but not seen in the controller

Sure, you could do a standard port mirror/span and learn what traffic the AP-105 in question is putting out/receiving.

Use that info and compare with a known-good AP-105 and you will see what is different and/or missing.

That way you don't need local hands/feet/nor console cable.
MVP Guru

What method are you using to discover the controller? DNS? ADP? DHCP Option?

Cheers
James
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------@whereisjrw--------------------------
---------------------------------blog-------------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216 | AMFX #11

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Occasional Contributor I

Well out of the box it uses ADP with the device using DHCP. I had to manually set the controllers IP on the device so it would be seen in the controller. That was a pain because I had to find somone at the location to get it, install the console cable and then get remote access to their machine.

Guru Elite

Do you have the A-record of "aruba-master" pointing to your controller? If you do not, the only way that the AP will see the controller is if you have a DHCP option set, or the AP is in the same subnet as the controller.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: