Occasional Contributor II

AP Provisioning

Thanks for the advice Collin!

I changed the controller-ip to one that is directly connected to the Access Point private network and configured an access port directly to that vlan. GRE's and PAPI's are stable. One issue that I am experiencing for a little while now.....When I provision new AP 125's some do not provision correctly and they constantly reboot. I copied and pasted the error below, and created a support ticket with Aruba, but wanted to see if anyone has come across this (Kernel issue):

eth0: Link down
secure_jack_link_state_change: Error finding device eth0
bonding: bond0: link status definitely down for interface eth0, disabling it
bonding: bond0: now running without any active interface !
eth0: 100Mbs Full duplex, port 1, queue 1
bonding: bond0: link status definitely up for interface eth0.
bonding: bond0: making interface eth0 the new active one.
asap_gre_err: Received ICMP (DEST_UNREACH, PROT_UNREACH) from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <6>for vap 0:1
asap_gre_err: Received ICMP (DEST_UNREACH, PROT_UNREACH) from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <6>for vap 0:2
asap_gre_err: Received ICMP (DEST_UNREACH, PROT_UNREACH) from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <6>for vap 1:0
asap_gre_err: Received ICMP (DEST_UNREACH, PROT_UNREACH) from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <6>for vap 1:1
asap_gre_err: Received ICMP (DEST_UNREACH, PROT_UNREACH) from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <6>for vap 1:2
asap_gre_err: Received ICMP (DEST_UNREACH, PROT_UNREACH) from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <6>for vap 0:1
asap_gre_err: Received ICMP (DEST_UNREACH, PROT_UNREACH) from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <6>for vap 0:2
CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 000000000000b076, epc == ffffffff802f40b4, ra == c00000000030ec68
Oops:

If I provisioned 14 AP 125's for a building, 2 - 4 AP's would constantly reboot after provisioning and render the AP useless. Anyone have ideas??
Guru Elite

IP address

Luca,

Is the blacked-out IP address the ip address of the controller? Is it the public or private address?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

IP

Colin,

Yes, and it is in the same private network/subnet as the AP's.
Guru Elite

Unreachable

Luca,

My guesses are not as good as Aruba support. I hope that you don't have ICMP blocked on the controller port, is all I would check. Besides that, support will provide your best chance at resolving this.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Aruba Employee

Re: AP125 issue

Luca - Did you ever resolve this? I'm seeing ICMP destination/port unreachables on one of my controllers as well and AP65s/70s are bouncing on and offline. I just opened a TAC case, but I was wondering if you add any success resolving this.

Thanks...
Highlighted

Re: AP125 issue

Mike - I opened a TAC case as well, but my AP 125's are not bootstrapping or rebooting. I see these ICMP errors when the AP 125's boot, but then they are able to establish a GRE tunnel and connect a few seconds later.

Luca
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: