Access Points

Guru Elite

Barcode Scanner Recommendation

Team,

I have a user that has to deploy 1400 AP125s and wants to enter the serialnumber and MAC into a database. He wants to do this with a handheld scanner. Does anyone have a recommendation for a barcode scanner? If you want to specify two, one for the mac platform and one for windows that you used with great success, I would appreciate it.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Regular Contributor I

Re: Barcode Scanner Recommendation

My school system uses the PHD Dolphin+ without much issues.
Guru Elite

Barcode Scanner

John,

Thanks for answering. How much is it retail? Can it scan APs okay without much difficulty?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Regular Contributor I

I'm not sure how much they are, our Media Center purchases them. I can't imagine them being more than $400.

I haven't used them with the Barcodes on the 125's, but they do work well with small BC's like that.
Occasional Contributor II

We use a Symbol - Part - LS2208-SR20007R-UR - I works with XP and Vista with no need to install drivers. Not sure about Mac. It cost about $160.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: