Access Points

Highlighted
New Contributor

Bouncing signal from AP-85

Hi all,

What would cause the signal from an AP-85TX to go from 90% to 53% to 68% to 0% to 74% etc? The unit is configured to use RADIO 0 and has ANT-91 units connected to RADIO 0 ANT 1 & RADIO 0 ANT 2. The 802.11b/g capable client which is 100ft away, has an unobstructed line of sight from the antennas which are mounted 12 inches apart.

I can ping the AP with no packet loss and the input voltage is a regulated 12.02Vdc feed from a 400W switching power supply. I have another unit with the exact same power setup working flawlessly on the same property.

HELP!!!!
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Support Case

Hi all,

What would cause the signal from an AP-85TX to go from 90% to 53% to 68% to 0% to 74% etc? The unit is configured to use RADIO 0 and has ANT-91 units connected to RADIO 0 ANT 1 & RADIO 0 ANT 2. The 802.11b/g capable client which is 100ft away, has an unobstructed line of sight from the antennas which are mounted 12 inches apart.

I can ping the AP with no packet loss and the input voltage is a regulated 12.02Vdc feed from a 400W switching power supply. I have another unit with the exact same power setup working flawlessly on the same property.

HELP!!!!

There are a number of things that need to be checked about your deployment, especially since it is outdoors. Please open a support case so these things can be checked in detail.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide