Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: DFS support on AP65s

Were you able to confirm if the AP105s support DFS currently?

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

The AP105 is able to support the DFS channels, but it is not currently certified by the FCC. AFAIK, Aruba is waiting on the FCC, which has stopped all certifications due to issues with radar interference at some sites (nothing to do with Aruba, though). I don't have a good time estimate on when the 105 will get certified. Sorry.
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Correction. We have working AP105 code that does DFS, but it is not currently certified by the FCC and thus this code is not in any end-customer builds.

It's a long, drawn-out story, but the FCC stopped processing/receiving applications for new device DFS certification sometime last year. So anything new from any vendor is delayed.

The good news is that the FCC just recently began accepting new applications as they worked through the issues preventing forward movement in the testing queue.

The thought is 6 months given the FCC's prior track record for the AP105 now.
Highlighted
Contributor II

Correction. We have working AP105 code that does DFS, but it is not currently certified by the FCC and thus this code is not in any end-customer builds.

It's a long, drawn-out story, but the FCC stopped processing/receiving applications for new device DFS certification sometime last year. So anything new from any vendor is delayed.

The good news is that the FCC just recently began accepting new applications as they worked through the issues preventing forward movement in the testing queue.

The thought is 6 months given the FCC's prior track record for the AP105 now.

Thanks. I assume when it's available it will be documented in the release notes for the applicable software releases?
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Yup. Most likely be shouted from all the rooftops! :)
Highlighted
Contributor II

Thank you for the detailed info. I'll be happy when it's ready.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: