AirWave and Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Output show user to a log

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on the recording of the information that is generated by "show user".

Specifically, I would like to record the client MAC address and AP name and possibly some of the other attributes associated with that command in to a log file I can keep and refer back to if needed. Is this acheivable without Airwave?
Guru Elite

Re: Output show user to a log

You can try the command here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2042

The output above does NOT have the access point that a user is on. Depending on the radius server that you use, the logs would have the information that you need. The Aruba-Essid-Name as well as the Aruba-Location-ID attributes show here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showpost.php?p=6615&postcount=6 will send the name of the wireless network, as well as the Name of the AP the user is connected to as a radius attribute.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Colin,

from the "show user-table" output all I require are the entries from the IP, MAC and AP Name field. There's no RADIUS server involved and the SSID is open as it's a "guest" SSID. Perhaps I can find someone with some linux knowledge to script the running of that command, the logging of the output from it at a frequent interval?

Or perhaps I should persuade my managers to buy Airwave :)

On a similar note, I have reported an issue to Aruba tech about the AP Name field often having "N/A" instead of the AP Name, have you seen this before?
Guru Elite

Airwave is the complete solution to all of that. Scripting only gives you a snapshot in time and you still need to be able to historically represent anything you collect. At minimum, evaluate Airwave.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: